Skip to main content

Good afternoon,

I use a three check paper for my refund check process for my company.

We use one check template for all three of the checks.

However, when I go to print the third check on the paper seems to shift up, causing the name to not fit in the envelope for mailing purposes.

Any suggestions on how to correct or is it just a printing format issue on my printer?! (I have tried to alter those as well, but still the third check is shifting up).

Good afternoon!

The issue you're encountering, where the third check on your three-check paper shifts up, is most likely a combination of formatting and printer alignment. Here are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot and correct the problem:

1. Check the Margins in the Report Designer

• Report Designer settings in Acumatica control the layout and print alignment. Ensure the margins and spacing are consistent across the three checks. Sometimes, small discrepancies in the margin settings can cause alignment issues, especially for multi-part forms like checks.
  • Open the check template in the Acumatica Report Designer and review the settings for margins and the position of the third check field. You may need to manually adjust the third section's position.

2. Page Breaks and Spacing

• Ensure that the page breaks and section spacing for each check are correctly set. If there is extra spacing or no specific section for the third check, the report could be pushing the content slightly higher on the page.
  • Review the height of each check section to confirm that it matches the physical paper layout. All sections should be equally spaced.

3. Printer Settings and Paper Type

• Verify the paper size and paper type settings in your printer’s properties. Select the correct paper type (e.g., letter size or custom form). Some printers default to scaling options, which could alter the alignment slightly.
  • Disable any automatic scaling (e.g., "Fit to Page" or "Shrink Oversized Pages") as these settings can cause the third check to shift up.

4. Test the Printer Alignment

• Perform a test print using manual adjustments on your printer's alignment settings. Many printers allow you to adjust the vertical or horizontal position directly from the printer setup menu.
  • Make small adjustments to see if the third check’s alignment improves. Most printers allow you to tweak the margins or alignment during the print process itself.

5. Check the Template Format

• If you use a universal check template for all three checks, ensure that there is no overlap or shared spacing that might be causing the misalignment. Consider using separate sections in the template for each check to control spacing better.

6. Update the Printer Driver

• Sometimes, printer driver issues can cause formatting problems. Make sure your printer driver is up-to-date. An outdated driver may not handle the formatting correctly, particularly with multi-part checks.

7. Preview Before Printing

• Use the Print Preview feature in Acumatica to review the layout before sending it to the printer. This allows you to catch any discrepancies between the expected output and what’s actually printed.

8. Consider Using a Different Printer or PDF Editor

• If the problem persists, try printing the checks from a different printer or save them as a PDF first and use a PDF editor to adjust the alignment. This will help you isolate whether the issue is related to the printer or the report template.

Summary of Actions:

1. Check margins and section height in Acumatica’s Report Designer.
  2. Ensure consistent spacing between checks in the template.
  3. Adjust printer settings to avoid scaling and ensure correct paper type.
  4. Perform manual alignment adjustments on your printer.
  5. Update the printer driver if necessary.

By following these steps, you should be able to resolve the alignment issue and ensure that the third check prints correctly without shifting up.💡