Skip to main content

Driving myself bonkers.  We are using 24R1 and trying to get sales taxes set up.  Here is the setup:

Tax ID: NYSTATETAX = 8.875%, NYNOTAX = 0%

Categories: Taxable, Exempt

Tax Zone: NYTAXABLE linked to NYSTATETAX and Taxable

Tax Zone: NYNONTAX linked to NYNOTAX and Taxable and Exempt

All inventory items are set to taxable.

When I create a sales document for a customer with the NYTAXABLE tax zone and a Taxable item ($99.60) and an Exempt item ($25), the correct taxes are calculated, but the tax breakdown is incorrect - the NYNOTAX tax id is missing.

When I create a sales document for a customer with the NYEXEMPT tax zone and a Taxable item and an Exempt item, no taxes are calculated and the tax breakdown on the taxes page is correct.

Hello,

I think 0% tax isn’t showing on the Taxable customer’s sales order because it’s not connected to the Taxable customer’s zone.

Laura

@Laura02 Thanks.  That works but as we’ve experienced it then breaks the second scenario of a tax exempt customer with taxable and non-taxable items on an order.  Only the non-taxable item is reported as the taxable amount.  Here is the setup:

Hi,

Try adding the 0% tax to the Taxable tax category. Does all tax and non-tax calculate correctly when 0% tax id is included in both Taxable and Not-Taxable categories?

Laura

No.  When I do that, it fixes the tax exempt customer scenario but breaks the taxable customer scenario.  The taxable amount for the no tax group includes the taxable item amount.  See here:

This order has a $41.50 taxable item and a $750 non-taxable service.

Hi @brucewarrell96 were you able to find a solution? Thank you!