Skip to main content

We have an income statement that is using a Unit Set.  We have multiple branches within our organization and many of our reports use the =Report.GetDefUI('RowCompanyBAccount.AcctName')  to retrieve the correct branch name on the report.  After going thru this upgrade last week, I ran the report for this period and it shows the correct name on the consolidated report, but when you click on the symbol to retrieve the Unit Set breakdown, it renders the wrong company name.  I fixed this by hardcoding the name on the report (we don’t usually share the column sets between branches), but am curious if anyone else has encountered that or had it fixed.  Is it a GI issue that is easily modified?

Hello,

Please try adding the Branch name from the Unit Set to the Column Set, as demonstrated below:

As Shown above, the Company Name will print first, with Branch name underneath. If you don’t need to show both Company and Branch, remove the first line and keep only “@UnitText”.

The Unit Text formula uses the Description from the Unit Sets screen:

Laura

We already had the highlighted field inserted into the report.  What is not being pulled correctly is the branch name on the row above that field.  Looking at the rest of your explanation might be our issue, as we don’t have a unit set with all branches defined in it.  We only have unit sets with the subaccounts by branch.

I’m not sure I understand your structure 100% but have worked up one example showing Product Retail by Subaccount with Branch and Subaccount name in the Descriptions:

When I print P & L (this is a standard report in Sales Demo tenant - except I added @UnitText to the report titles), it prompts me for both company and branch.

Above the printed report, select the Groups icon to expand the Unit Set to the side. Click on the Branch/node that you’d like to print:

Laura

Thank you Laura, your explanation makes sense.  I guess I am just confused why our report worked for the last 3 years until this last upgrade broke it.  I do believe that our unit set is not properly designed after looking at your example.  Right now, this issue only affects one branch and we got around that issue by hardcoding the branch name instead of pulling it with the field.

There are many ways to set up Unit Sets - they are flexible.  Upgrades sometimes do change things.

Let us know if we can help you further.

Laura