Skip to main content

Hi Team,

Assume we have a NGO which we are going to pitch Acumatica.. Since it is an NGO they are currently practicing projects and they are doing project budgets and all other related to project transactions. They are not raising any direct invoices from the order management module. Additionally they have the procurement process related to projects and administration transactions.

I would like to know are we able to record the projects and revenue with using project module in Acumatica without purchasing the Order Management module in Acumatica..

Appreciate if anyone can provide me an answer.

Thanks/ Yashodha

Hi @yashodhalakshini85 

As you said, "Additionally they have the procurement process related to projects and administration transactions" and projects also need to buy input items to implement the project, so it is necessary to have a purchasing Module.

And as I know, Order Management module in Acumatica ( including purchasing) is the most basic feature Acumatica must have.

Best Regards,

NNT

Hi @nhatnghetinh ,

Thank you so much for your prompt reply. So can’t we manage the project and the revenue part only from the project module itself?

Thanks/ Yashodha

Hello,

Projects module (with and without Construction) definitely has its own Billing and Invoicing features that push invoices to AR.

If you also need to SHIP items to your customers (with or without that customer having a Project) then you can use Projects with Sales Orders. 

If you are Manufacturing custom items related to your projects (such as using the Project to track Engineering Team hours) you can use Project module along with Manufacturing modules.

Laura

Hi @yashodhalakshini85 

Please refer to the free course below from Acumatica to have an overview of the Project Module in Acumatica.

https://openuni.acumatica.com/courses/project/end-user-course-accounting-for-projects/

Then contact your Acumatica partners, they will tell you which Acumatica packages best suit your requirements.

Best Regards,

NNT

Hi @Laura02 ,

As I mentioned this is a NGO and it doesn’t have any manufacturing, sales or any other things related to sales. Only they have is grants from donors to do the projects with non-profit objective. Kindly assist me can we manage the company operation only with project module without getting the order management module.

Thanks / Yashodha

@nhatnghetinh ,

Appreciate your effort for the information provided.

Thanks / Yashodha

I am not familiar with NGO acronym and have answered, “Can we record project revenue without purchasing the Sales Order module?”    Yes - Acumatica can invoice directly from Projects/AR modules without purchase of Sales Order module.

Now you ask, “Can we manage the company operation with project module?” and I don’t have enough  information about your company to answer further.

Laura

Hello @yashodhalakshini85 ,

I feel a detail discussion would help here to answer the question.

I would reach out a VAR with the detail business processes that the NGO have along with Taxation. You will learn the pros and cons with licensing needs along with customization if necessary.

Hope this helps!

Hi @Laura02 

Thank you so much for the reply. I mean the company operations as sales recording. I got the answer as yes we can manage the revenue from projects without the order management module. Thank you for the help.

Thanks/ Yashodha

Hi @hdussa ,

Appreciate your response.

Thanks / Yashodha