Skip to main content

I am having an issue with labor recording to the incorrect subaccounts.  It appears that this has been incorrect since the latest update The labor credits for invoices started to be recording to the AD subaccount instead of the matching subaccount as the debit.  There must be a setting that was updated during the update.  Thoughts on where to look in the system to correct this?

Thanks!

Hi @srengdahl Please provide more details. Are you using the Project Module or Constructions with Labor as revenue and Expenses. More details will help us to review and answer your questions.  Screenshots (Hide/blur sensitive data) will be more useful to understand.

Hi @srengdahl While we are waiting for details, here are some options.  To review the associated settings, one the step would be to review if the Labor is a Non-stock item in the System. If yes, please review the Non-stock Items Screen → General Tab → Posting Class.

1. Review Posting Class Settings like Sales Account etc.,. If the posting class setting is set to “Posting Class” then refers to the  → GL Accounts Tab and check if the incorrect labour subaccount is seen in the general
  2. If the Posting Class setting is Inventory Items, review the GL Accounts settings on the Non-Stock Items screen → GL Accounts tab to review the subaccounts.

Here is a snip of the journal entry that was generated.  The circled subaccounts should match the labor debit subaccount so they are in/out of the direct labor account.  I’m assuming a setting was changed in the update under the posting class or non-stock item but I dont know what is wrong to fix it.     

Hi @srengdahl were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Hello @srengdahl ,

If you are using projects or construction, please look for recent changes to the Billing rule(s). 

Laura

@srengdahl do you recall where the subaccount is supposed to be pulled from? in acumatica, there are a few ways, i.e. you can specify it on the billing rule, at the project level, at the non-stock item level, and even in project preferences. 

i would also check the posting class for the non-stock labor items, in the sales demo, the subaccount is pulling from the inventory item (which is typically how i see it set up). 

i would check the GL accounts for the labor item used to start.

Are you using acumatica timecards? also, can you share the source document!

Thanks!

It was determined that our “copy COGS sub from sales checkbox was checked” 

I had to uncheck the box and then update the COGS/Expense Sub to get it to work correctly.