Skip to main content

Keep on receiving below error when invoice is generated from sales order or from invoice. SO Invoice is created but with incomplete status.

We are using AVALARA as an external tax provided and the issue is only encountered after upgrading to 2024R1.

There is a known issue published in Acumatica site which is below but the first condition is not met.

Hello @zyla67,

If the Error Trace indicates the following “DocStatus is invalid for this operation. Expected Saved|PostedExpected Saved|Posted” 

Cause / Solution: The reason taxes are not calculating on these documents are because the document reference ID derived through the numbering sequence have been used previously and marked in Avalara portal as  "committed".

It is possible that these documents may have been created for testing and then deleted in Acumatica or this document may have been created in a different Tenant for the same Avalara credentials.

This can be resolved by manually increasing the "last number" from the "ARINVOICE" numbering sequence so that a different reference ID will be used for the Invoice

Example from my local Instance:

Kind Regards,

Amaan

Hi Amaan,

Thanks for the reply! I tried to update the numbering sequence on test instance. Do I need to also update the production or as long as they have different numbering sequence, it should now work?

Hello @zyla67 

Yes as long as the numbering sequence has not be previously used for the same Avalara credentials.

Kind Regards,

Amaan

Hello @AmaanFazeer11  thanks for your resolution it processed successfully some of the invoices. But there are still records that goes through the status of incomplete. Most of them are under the other branch and shopify orders. Is there any setup we are missing here? Again, appreciate and thank you for all the inputs you have provided.