Skip to main content

I have imported transactions from multiple tenants. Unfortunately there are about 8 batches that are out of balance. I do not understand why they are out of balance. I would appreciate assistance on this:

Does nayone have any ideas on this?

Hello @LungileNjakazi37 ,

We do not have enough information to answer your question. We see only a list of batch numbers; we see no relevant details that could help us guess your problem.

In order to answer why something is out of balance, we need to see the source transactions or account balances compared to the imported batches. We need to see debits and credits, from both the source and the resulting batches above. We need to see errors, if you have them.

Edited to add a better idea first :

Make sure every account with a balance in the child tenants has a correct Consolidation account mapped in Chart of Accounts screen.For example, if account 1501 has a balance, it’s not mapped to the parent and could cause an out of balance.

Your next step is to compare the Source Transactions/Balances to the Imported Transactions/Balances for the 8 batches above.  Identify the differences.

• Did some lines fail to import?  If yes, why? 
  • Were some account numbers missing or incorrect? 
  • Were some Subaccounts missing or incorrect?
  • Did some lines have an incorrect date and get imported to the wrong period?
  • Did some lines have incorrect batch numbers and get imported to the wrong batch?
  • Does the User who imported have access to all Companies, Branches, Accounts, and Subaccounts?
  • Are you able to manually enter one of the 8 out of balance batches from the spreadsheet or other source?  Manually entering one batch may lead you to see the problem.

Laura

@LungileNjakazi37 when this happened to me, it’s typically related to some of the lines not being added in.  the only way to resolve it was to review each batch to figure out what lines were missing because i didn’t get an error. 

Thank you for your respones.

@Laura02 

While I didnt provide much detail, your response was quite helpfu and I was able to post 2 batches and I am now left with 5.

I did a vlookup against the batch and trial balance for that specific period and all the amounts in the batch were present on the trial balance.
What concerns me is that the difference in the batch is quite small for example:

@iqraharrison. Could it still be lines missing if the difference is small?

Thanks in advance

@LungileNjakazi37 i would say if it reconciles on the source file, then I would say there still something missing, whether lines fell off, or GL accounts didn’t populate. I would suggest manually entering one of these batches as @Laura02 suggested if possible and cross reference the two to see where the discrepancies are.  Fixing those initial errors could help fix the errors in the other batches as well (but that’s not always the case, which makes it more fun right? 😅)