Skip to main content

Hello Dear Community,

My Controller came to me asking if there was a way to apply payments or create invoices while a customer is on credit hold? 

He said there are instances where they need to apply a payment to the customer but keep them “On Hold” status. So his team are having to remove the credit hold, apply the payment, then put the customer back on hold.

Can you guys provide some input?

@jorgep17 Once a credit hold has been applied to a customer account, no new sales orders or invoices can be created for this customer.

Starting from 24r1 you can create  a sales order for Credit hold customer but not invoices.

Hello @jorgep17 ,

I did a quick test in my demo version 2024 R1. 

I placed a customer on Credit Hold status.  While the customer was on Credit Hold status, I was able to enter and release a Payment without changing the customer’s status.

Laura

We are using 2021 R1, is this a limitation for this version then, or a settings/customization that can be adjusted. 

We need to be able to post payments to the customer dispite their Hold Status.

Hello,

I can’t test a version that is so old as 2021 R1.

If you can’t apply payments while customer status is On Hold, and you don’t see a setting to control ability to enter payments for customers who are On Hold, and you don’t have a developer who can customize the Payment screen for you, please consider upgrading as a solution.

Laura

Hello,

I can’t test a version that is so old as 2021 R1.

If you can’t apply payments while customer status is On Hold, and you don’t see a setting to control ability to enter payments for customers who are On Hold, and you don’t have a developer who can customize the Payment screen for you, please consider upgrading as a solution.

Laura

You can easily test by installing version 2021 R1, which is still available and only 2-3 years old. I’m baffled by this perspective within the Acumatica community, where software less than five years old is considered “so old,” as you put it. Microsoft, a leader in the industry and a major American multinational corporation, provides support for their operating systems with a 10-year end-of-life (EOL) cycle—rightfully so.

After investing heavily in customizations just to get Acumatica running the way we need, does it seem reasonable to label a 3-year-old software as nearing its end of life? It’s concerning that this notion seems widely accepted without question.

For your information, we are already in the process of upgrading, but due to the customizations involved, we're facing a $160K expense. That is no small amount.

There needs to be stronger support for these versions, rather than unfounded justifications that don’t hold up to scrutiny.

Hello,

I am a volunteer on Acumatica Community.  It seems you are disappointed with the free services I’ve provided here.

I’m glad to hear that you are upgrading! Once upgraded, you will be able to apply payments without changing the customer status, and without any custom development.  This is good news!  (Problem solved. 👍)

Laura

Hello,

I am a volunteer on Acumatica Community.  It seems you are disappointed with the free services I’ve provided here.

I’m glad to hear that you are upgrading! Once upgraded, you will be able to apply payments without changing the customer status, and without any custom development.  This is good news!  (Problem solved. 👍)

Laura

I am dissapointed at the fact that you said   “I can’t test a version that is so old as 2021 R1.”  see the bigger picture. Good Bye.