Solved

Bank Deposit Screen Timeout

• 27 February 2022
  • 3 replies

After upgrading to 2021R1, the Bank Deposit screen has become unusable. We have a not-so-large ARRegister table (few million rows). It takes about 8-10 minutes after clicking “Add Payment”. 
Looking through the built SQL query, Acumatica is using a STRAIGHT_JOIN on the ARRegister and the ARPayment. After capturing the query and using an INNER JOIN the results are immediate. 
I understand the difference between the two and using STRAIGHT_JOIN is rarely used. 

Has anyone ran into this issue with a fairly large db?
FYI - I did un-publish customizations and I also created a ticket and reproduced the issue with support. 

Any other ways to create bank deposits other than import scenarios since that will just make the problem worst.

icon

Best answer by pmccormack58 5 March 2022, 16:14

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @pmccormack58 

I have not seen timeout issue with deposits on recent versions. Approximately how many transactions get added per deposit? Hope support will be able to find out the root cause here. Let me know your case #. 

Regards,

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @pmccormack58 were you able to resolve your issue with support? Thank you!

I override the function and BQL that was using the Straight_Join and it takes about 12 -15 seconds.

We did get a possible answer from the devs; however I am skeptical since this “hack” will refactor all BQLs on the site using a SJ.. We have asked if this was tested and waiting an answer.

The suggestion is a web config change. I will not post the setting because after digging through the code I found a comment that this should only be used in a non-production environment.

If you have C# or coding experience I suggest overriding the function and change the BQL in question.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved