Skip to main content
Question

Approve Time Activity - Approver selector - Mask other employee

• 18 July 2024
  • 3 replies

EP507030 & EP507010

For now someone can go and choose any other employee in “Approver” and approve, is it possible to restrict this? from the company tree or something else? Did I miss something?

Thanks!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @raphrf 

I haven’t looked into this in a while, but back in 2020 I ran into this issue with a client.  At that time, there were differences between the Approve Time Activity and Approve Time Activity Summary screens.  Here’s what I observed (and what Acumatica confirmed at that time on my support case 148248, some of the screenshots below are from Rodrigo Iglesias’s case response to me).

Approve Time Activities screen. ( You can use this form to approve or reject time activities submitted for approval.)

Approver field displays the employee logged in and employees from lower levels of the company tree.

It does not display employees from the same workgroup nor employees from upper levels

Approve Time Activities Summaries screen. (You can use this form to approve or reject time activities in groups by approving or rejecting summary rows that represent the related time cards.)

Approver field displays the employee logged in, employees from the same workgroup and employees from lower levels of the company tree.

It does not display employees from upper levels.

Here's an example from my demo to illustrate.

I'm logged in as Layla Beauvoir who is a member of Finance Workgroup which also has Maxell Baker Maxwell as member.

There are two levels below Finance (AR and AP) with one member each:

Under Approve Time Activities screen Approver field, I can see Layla (the employee I'm logged in) and the two employees from below levels (Regina and Samuel)

And if I open Approve Time Activities Summaries then I can see all employees from above and now Baker Maxwell who is member of the same workgroup as Layla (the employee I'm logged in with:

Hope this helps.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @raphrf 

I haven’t looked into this in a while, but back in 2020 I ran into this issue with a client.  At that time, there were differences between the Approve Time Activity and Approve Time Activity Summary screens.  Here’s what I observed (and what Acumatica confirmed at that time on my support case 148248, some of the screenshots below are from Rodrigo Iglesias’s case response to me).

Approve Time Activities screen. ( You can use this form to approve or reject time activities submitted for approval.)

Approver field displays the employee logged in and employees from lower levels of the company tree.

It does not display employees from the same workgroup nor employees from upper levels

Approve Time Activities Summaries screen. (You can use this form to approve or reject time activities in groups by approving or rejecting summary rows that represent the related time cards.)

Approver field displays the employee logged in, employees from the same workgroup and employees from lower levels of the company tree.

It does not display employees from upper levels.

Here's an example from my demo to illustrate.

I'm logged in as Layla Beauvoir who is a member of Finance Workgroup which also has Maxell Baker Maxwell as member.

There are two levels below Finance (AR and AP) with one member each:

Under Approve Time Activities screen Approver field, I can see Layla (the employee I'm logged in) and the two employees from below levels (Regina and Samuel)

And if I open Approve Time Activities Summaries then I can see all employees from above and now Baker Maxwell who is member of the same workgroup as Layla (the employee I'm logged in with:

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the answer, in my case, Approve Time Activity Summaries EP507030 for the approver field, we can see uper level , it’s strange?!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Is it possible that the approver is in multiple levels of the company tree or that folks that are above on the company tree are also below the approver?  (You can see this on the Workgroups / Company Tree tab of the employee profile). 

I’m not sure how this screen has been impacted with the introduction of approval delegations, but also check to see if there are any approval or expense delegations in place?

If you’ve validated that folks are visible that are above (but not below) the current user on the company tree I’d log that as a case to Acumatica, as the folks that are above shouldn’t be able to be selected on either screen.