Skip to main content

When setting up a 1099 Vendor where do I put the D/B/A info to correctly print on a 1099 form?

Thanks!!

Hello Angela,

I think it’s the main address on the General tab of the Vendor profile.  To confirm, recommend that you make a quick test by changing up the address for one vendor and printing their 1099 to the screen. For example, change address 2 Line on the General tab of the Vendor profile to contain “From General tab”,  then add “From the Payment tab” to address line 2 on the Payment tab.  View the 1099 on-screen. If you don’t see “From General tab” or “From the Payment tab”, then report back and let us know.

Thank you.

Laura

Laura,

I’m setting up a new vendor that has a d/b/a; and I do not see these fields you are speaking of--is this a field in the 1099 process, is that why I am not seeing it because it’s not in the vendor screen itself?

Karen Gantz

In version 2021 R2 we use the Address Line 1 on the Vendor profile to hold the DBA like this:

Vendor Profile

The 1099 NEC looks like this:

1099-NEC Form

It isn’t perfect, but it has worked for us for several years.

@KGantz ,

Hello Karen, I hope you are doing well. 😉

Here is a screen shot of the Vendor’s General Tab:

General tab of Vendor Screen

Here is the address on the Payment Tab of the Vendor Profile screen:

I suggested filling in the DBA Name (or identifying test like “This printed from the Payment tab” in one or more of the above fields and then test-printing a 1099.

Hi --I’m circling back around on this a year later.   This really doesn’t work well.   Our vendor uses and bills under the name but legal name is CCBC.  How are you supposed to search for the vendor, are you really supposed to remember every D/B/A you set-up?