Skip to main content

Quick check was a wonderful quick easy way to correct the totals for a vendor on the 1099 report.

I think it’s gone.

Looking for a way to get this total changed.  Especially if the correction needs to a total of several invoices.

For us, these corrections are usually needed when we make payments before we get a W9 and enter the 1099 info in the vendor set up.

Sue Terry

sterry@ex2technology.com

Hello @Sterry ,

Quick Check screen was renamed to Cash Purchases.

If Some bills should have had a 1099 Box number and didn’t… AP Bills can be edited to add the 1099 Box # after-the-fact, and then run Recalculate Vendor Balances to pick up the 1099 amount modifications.

Another way to enter 1099 payment figures is to Migrate a Bill with 1099 amount and Box Number on the Bill line, with a $0 balance due on the Bill (migrate an alread-paid bill for each vendor, to represent the figures that should print on the 1099; or migrate a Bill to represent the difference between what is showing on the 1099 and what should be showing on the 1099).

When I say “migrate,” I mean enter the Bill with Migration Mode temporarily turned on in AP Preferences screen.

Laura

I heard about the Cash Purchase, but it doesn’t work for this anymore does it?

Even after I have entered the 1099 info in the Vendor account, I don’t alway see the 1099 box to check when I open the Payable entry.

I’ll try that last option haven’t heard of that before.

Thanks for your help.

Hello Sue,

I did a quick test in my 2024 R2 demo, and I’m able to enter a Cash Purchase with a 1099 Box # on the line, and then printed a 1099.

As a method of recording 1099 figures that were paid out of a different system and not migrated: Entering a Cash Purchase will credit a Bank Account and Debit the Expense account listed on the Cash Purchase line(s). The GL entry from the Cash Purchase will need to be reversed via GL, after recording each Cash Purchase.

I used the Column Configurator button in the left corner of the grid (beside paperclip icon) to add 1099 Box to Cash Purchases grid.

Enter lump amount paid to 1099 Vendor from another system in Cash Purchases
Print 1099

Laura

Thank Laura.

Quick checks were SOOOOO easy an entry using the cash account on the detail line, didn’t print check. 

DONE

The reason I need to change the total for a vendor in Acumatica is usually because we didn’t get the W9 before we made payments. So sometimes that was one payment and sometimes multiple payments. So I want to fiugre out, for the multiple payments, how to do one entry for the total and not an entry for each payment.

I’ll keep playing with this.

Thanks so much for you time.

Sue