Field Service Appointments, availibility for a service technician

• 25 May 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi there,

Would it be possible to use a link to the staff calendar from the appointment directly, so we would not  have to switch back and forth.

Also, how can we show that a staff member is absent and not available (PTO, training, sick) on the staff calendar?

Thank you!

Monika

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@mstuber64 please review that the Make Visible on the UI checkbox is set to true, on the Dashboards screen 

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Anacarina Calvo 

The dashboard I have created for the calendar (CST.DB.00.00.42) is not on the drop down list for the “destination screen”.

Also, when I search by “dashboards”, the one with the calendar does not show up to chose.

How can I get the dashboard to show up in “destination screen”?

Thank you!

Monika

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@mstuber64 
you need to select the Dashboard on the Destination Screen field

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Anacarina Calvo 

For the side panel.

I added a dashboard for the calendar, then I created a customization project, saved it.

My question now is how do I add the dashboard?

Thank you!

Monika

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Anacarina Calvo 

I tried the side panel and that works great.

Thank you!

Monika

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Anacarina Calvo,

I tried the “staff schedule rule” and “unavailability”, thank you!

On seeing the schedule on the appointment, I don’t want to schedule it right away, I would like to see, which staff member has availability, without scheduling and then assign it to the one that has openings.

Thank you!

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @mstuber64 

On the appointment form, you can use the action Schedule on Staff Calendar to open the Staff Calendar Board. 

Also, here is an idea on how to add a calendar as a sidepanel 

To show an employee as PTO you can create Unavailability rules on the Staff Schedule Rule FS202001 form and generate the rule. That will show the time slot with a red bar.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved