Skip to main content
Solved

Appointment with Error

• 22 July 2024
  • 9 replies

I have an appointment that was completed by our field service team.  It shows completed in the Appointments GI, but when we go to select it we get an error that completely prevents us from opening the ticket.  It looks like a field reference error, the issue is we cannot get into the Appt anymore to troubleshoot.  Any ideas?

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

@chrislower There are two possibilities. Issue with Customer Location or Warehouse Location.

If you can open the Service Order corresponding to the Appointment find out if the Customer Location is called Default or any of the items and corresponding Warehouse Location. You may also need to find out the user has proper access to Warehouse location in case restricted by branch or Restriction Group.

Badge

I am able to access the Service Order.  I do not see any DEFAULT locations set under Customer Location or Warehouse.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I am guessing you have deleted the Customer’s Default Location. Please open the customer location and make sure if it exists.

Badge

Very odd, I have confirmed that the location which it shows in the GI “005”.  still exist in the Customer Location.  I did try and create a generic DEFAULT location just to see if it would allow me in.  No Dice.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

What you have done you have deleted the “DEFAULT” location without setting another location as default. Now, you have a customer with no Default Location as you can see in your screenshot. Add the “DEFAULT” location back, “Set it as Default”, open all other location and make sure their GL accounts are showing correctly, make a tiny change, revert and save to apply the changes. Set your desired location as “DEFAULT” and then if you wish delete the “DEFAULT” location or just make it inactive.

Badge

Thanks Aaghaei!

I cut the screen shot off a little, there is an ENTER CUST at the bottom set as default.  I did create a DEFAULT (in name only) location and tried to enter the appt, but I didn’t check that location as default, I will try that and report back.

Badge

Unfortunately, same error with the following location added.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

@chrislower 

Hi!

Seems to me that the error message refers to the Warehouse Location. It’s possible that there is a data corruption on the document, where the warehouse location (SiteID) from the Details if different from the information on the splits table (what you see when you click on the Line Details button on the Details tab of the screen). 

I would suggest to raise this problem to the support team.

Badge

@chrislower

Hi!

Seems to me that the error message refers to the Warehouse Location. It’s possible that there is a data corruption on the document, where the warehouse location (SiteID) from the Details if different from the information on the splits table (what you see when you click on the Line Details button on the Details tab of the screen). 

I would suggest to raise this problem to the support team.

Thanks! I have escalated to support.