Skip to main content
Solved

Issuing items based on the Purchase Requests

• 17 June 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi Team,

One of our customer has below requirement.

They have 5 branches with one head office. At every branch level, they raise a purchase requests. Based on that​ head office will raise a purchase order and get the items. However, the GRN will also be happening by the head office. Then based on the purchase requests items has to be issued to the branches. How can we track this process.

Thanks!

3 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

It seems like your situation can be handled with multiple warehouses.

1. Local Branch places PO Request to Head Office.
  2. Head Office may transfer the same items from a different location to the local Branch from step 1, or
  3. Branch Office may issue a Purchase Order to replenish the requested items if the items are out of stock at all locations.
  • Vendor may drop-ship to local Branch location on the PO Request, or
  • Vendor may ship to the Head Office and Head Office may Transfer the received goods to the requesting local branch.

Laura

Userlevel 2

@Laura02 Thanks. Here my concern is, is there any method we can track the whole process through a single transaction process. I found an option called issue to requester. how can we use that.

Badge +18

Hello,

Based on your question I thought you are already using Purchase Requests. 😉

Turn on Requisitions features in Enable/Disable.

Purchase Requests may be turned into Purchase Orders and may be used with or without Requisitions. Requests are for internal tracking and Requisitions are used to solicit bids from multiple vendors.

To get started, I recommend Acuamtica Open University’s course on Requests:

https://openuni.acumatica.com/?s=Purchase+REquests

Laura