Skip to main content

As a potential customer, I’m evaluating Acumatica as a replacement for an aging ERP system.  We have a home-grown CRM system for one company with an attached mobile app that is used to build quotes and create orders in that system.  It calls a web service in the ERP system to simulate an order to get pricing, shipping costs, and tax rates and a few other indicators relative to the sale.  The order is not a “real” order until released to the ERP system for shipment and some orders never hit the ERP system.  Is it possible to simulate a sales order (or quote) to get back pricing details without creating it, i.e., do this and give me the details but don’t commit? Or do you have to create then delete which seems like it would increase the transaction burden?  I have reviewed the web service endpoints and REST API classes but haven’t found anything that indicates the possibility.  Thanks.

There are things called Opportunities that you can input all your sale information to give to the customer as a quote, then if the customer agrees with the quoted price, you can convert the quote into the order by pressing a button. If they decide not to go with the sale, then you can just close the opportunity as lost and it won’t ever get converted into a Sales Order.

Hope this helps,

Drew

Thanks for the reply, but that’s not my question.  I’m fully aware of objects/documents in the sales life cycle and that not converting quotes has no impact other than creating clutter.  As I mentioned, I do not want to create an object; I want to simulate the creation of a document then get the results without having to create then delete because that is just additional, un-necessary overhead.  This is a common process available in other ERPs such as SAP, so I was curious if Acumatica provided a similar capability.  I made need to move the topic to the development forum, but it doesn’t seem that the functionality exists.

Ah, I apologize, I misunderstood originally. I would not know of any way to do that other than just entering all of your information without ever clicking the save button. When you leave that page, all that info will leave because you never saved.

No worries, your response makes sense since Acumatica generally behaves the way the screens behave, although it would be great if they put an action on the object called “Check” or “Validate” that could be extended to the entity in the web service endpoint.