Skip to main content

Restrict Product Qty by Customer/Customer Class

• 23 July 2024
  • 0 replies

I have an interesting scenario, and I’m not sure if there is a broader need for this, so I’m not posting it as an idea. 

We have different types of customers, i.e. Wholesale, Retail, Online Marketplace.

When we buy stock items, we estimate how much each type will sell over the period we’re buying for. We want to be able to restrict the amount they are allowed to sell before replenishing their stock level. 

Example, we buy 300 of an item monthly, the estimation is that each division (type of customer) will sell 100 in that period. Then we get a big order from a wholesale customer that depletes the wholesale stock and some of the other stock. Now our retail locations won’t have enough, and it hurts their sales numbers. 

We’re currently developing a custom solution for this but would love to hear what others think. 

Having different items in Acumatica, or hard allocating for a specific customer, or having different virtual warehouses won’t work for us, as it would greatly impact our warehouse process. 

The solution we’re developing will be a sort of cap on how much can be sold based on PO, and PO Receipt. On the PO we would specify for which customer class we buy it. Once received, their number increases by 100 and goes down as they are selling. Once the next PO is received, it increases again by whatever number of items they had on the PO.  

0 replies

Be the first to reply!