Solved

Material Requisition Process

• 13 January 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

We have a client that allows employees to requisition items from the company stores (inventory).  The transaction is not a purchase requisition as the company already has the inventory on-hand.  The Stores Manager receives the requisitions and processes them through a reserve/pick/pack/ship process that delivers the requested goods to the requesting employee and then closes the requisition.  

Does anyone know of such a process that exists in their IP inventory or anything like it on the Market Place?  I’ve looked and all I can find are items relating to Purchase Requisitions and this requirement is not that.

icon

Best answer by DavidEichner 13 January 2023, 16:11

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Couldn’t they create the employees as customers with a specific customer price class where those items are priced as zero (if employees get these “requisitions” for free)?  They could also grant them access to the Customer Portal where they could order these “requisition” items?

Userlevel 3
Badge

They are not using Sales Orders but it’s an interesting idea.  Plus the items ARE costed to the department.  I’ve not seen the Customer Portal application so I can’t comment. 

Once an ‘order’ has been created they could use the shipping processes to finish the task.

Would you be available for a 30 minute chat old friend?  

425-457-3277

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Absolutely.  I will give you a call in a few minutes.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@DavidEichner - Thank you for your generous sharing of your time.  I think Sales Order Processing will work with a couple of customizations about sell price = 0 and cost flowing to the ordering department.

Your comments got me going in an enthusiastic direction.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@DavidEichner - Thank you for your generous sharing of your time.  I think Sales Order Processing will work with a couple of customizations about sell price = 0 and cost flowing to the ordering department.

Your comments got me going in an enthusiastic direction.

Hi we want to do the same, do you you have a good workflow?

Userlevel 3
Badge

We are not using Workflow.  We have users entering their orders directly into an SA type order we created call MR.  They pick what they want and enter the quantity and Save.  The inventory is allocated as it is selected so the quantities cannot be oversold.

Then we use a schedule (every hour) to create shipments for all the MR orders.

Then the Stores Manager prints pick lists, picks the product, and confirms the shipment.

After that the records sit in Shipped status until 6 p.m. when three other schedules fire off.

The three schedules do the remaining three steps of the process:

Prepare the invoice / Release the Invoice / Post the Invoice (This may not be totally accurate but it’s close to what I mean.

The records all end up Completed with a zero amount due in the Customer Record and an inventory transaction that reduces the inventory and posts the costs into the GL.

Does that help?  It took a while to develop this :-)

Mike

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved