Solved

Markup % in Item Class and Item

• 19 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I have Mentioned Markup Percentage in Item Class Level which  is not Working , Where as when i am creating Markup% on item Level its  Working . Kindly advise what need to me checked  or what is the concept in Using Markup % from item Class Level

icon

Best answer by Laura02 19 October 2023, 15:06

View original

3 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

The Item Class settings serve as Default Settings when new Stock Items are added. Default settings can then be further customized at the time of setting up the new Stock Item, or later, to be more specific for the newly added items.

When selling an item, Acumatica uses only settings that are now entered on the Stock Item screen…. not looking back at the Item Class.

In Summary,

Item Classes have two purposes:

1. To hold common default settings (Including Attributes) for various different types of Stock and Non-Stock items, making setup of New Items easier, and
  2. Most Report parameters include a filter for Class, for easy reporting for groups of similar items together:

Laura

Userlevel 2
Badge

So If there is No Markup % Mentioned in the item level then when Selling the item do the System take Markup% from item Class level?(which i find Not functioning) .. if Not  Providing a Markup% in Item Class has any advantages

Badge +18

Hello,

No, if there is no Minimum Markup % on the item, the system will not use the Minimum Markup % from the Item’s class.

The only advantage of adding Minimum Markup % to the Item Class is…. new items added to the class with Minimum Markup 25% will take on Minimum Markup % = 25% by default.

If you need to add Minimum Markup % to a group of existing items in that Class, consider importing the new Minimum Markup % to existing items via Import Scenario .

Laura

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved