Skip to main content

We are a wholesale distributor in a B2B setting. We have a minimum order of $500 to get free shipping, and this is based on the actual available to ship inventory, not the order total. Basically, if you order $500 from us, and 1 item is backordered so the total available to ship is only $450, you will need to either add on more items to hit $500, pay the freight to ship to you immediately, or wait until the backordered item arrives in stock.

In the Sales Order screen, Acumatica shows the order total. When a shipment is created from the sales order is there a way to get the dollar value of the shipment to show anywhere? We need to know the total value of what is actually shipping.

I am hoping one of these options would be easy-ish to make work? Is there a way for me to do this, or has anyone had to create a report or GI that calculates this they can share?

2 possible ideas?

Thanks for any insight!

Hi @Lyndsey 

SOShipLine has a Unit Price field

Without customisation, you could create a report for the total price of the shipment before invoicing.

With customisation, you could create two new fields, UsrExtPrice for SOShipLine, and UsrShipmentValue for UsrSOShipment. UsrExtPrice would total the price of the line, UsrShipmentValue would give you the total shipment value.

Hope this helps!

Aleks

Hi @Lyndsey 

You can add Unit Price to the "Shipment Confirmation" report without Customizing the "Shipments" screen.

Best Regards,

NNT

Thank you both! The shipping confirmation option seems like the easiest for me to implement. I am just an employee learning some SQL and trying to do a few report designer changes/GI’s to save paying the IT consultants doing our Acumatica implementation for every single tiny thing haha. Somehow I’ve become the Acumatica expert in the office.

If this doesn't work our for our sales team I guess we’ll have to talk about the customization options mentioned.