Skip to main content

Just started using Acumatica 5 months ago and I am the person at my company responsible for getting it sorted out for the other employees...so I’m the pioneer that gets to take the arrows learning how to use the software...so my question is this..

I want to know if there is a way to make kits (aka custom assemblies) in Acumatica?

For example, Lets say we take 2 -3 stock items and want to bundle them together as one part number for a customer. In this example we would have one custom part number that includes those 2-3 parts, perhaps some labor and then all those items roll up into that custom part number with a custom price.

Currently I see how to do it in the software, but it requires us to go to the “stock items” page.. make a part number.. then run over to “Kit Specification” area and build it out… then run over to the “Kit Assembly” area and type in the part number once again and “assemble” it… and then run back to the “stock items” page to see the price. At which point we can go back to the “Kit Assembly” page and disassemble the kits since we now know the price.

This all seems wildly complicated in order to just bang out a simple custom assembly item. THERE HAS TO BE AN EASIER WAY TO DO THIS.

I am new to Acumatica and don’t know all the ins and outs of this yet…. but for software that is supposed to be fantastic ERP software… this seems like a bit of a hacked up method to do this.

Am I missing something or is this just not a feature that Acumatica can handle?

Thank you very much for your input.

Hi @RufusTrunt 

The Kit Assembly feature is available on Acumatica. Please refer to how to use the YouTube links below:

Best Regards,

NNT

Hello @RufusTrunt , Welcome to Acumatica Community!

Kits don’t have to be assembled… they can be Non-stock Kits where you sell a “shell” item and all the components are pulled off the shelf and printed on the Sales Order/Invoice at the time of sale.

It seems like you are using Kits to produce a “Price” on a new kit (in quotes because you are trying to correctly Price and/or Cost of a group of items). 

Could you:

1) create a Sales Quote for the customer that contains the components, whether for yourselves or for your customer, to help you determine the price and cost, and then

2) turn the Sales Quote into an Order/invoice or

3) Build your non-stock kit with the new price and sell the kit?

Laura

Thanks for the help. This confirms what I was afraid of.

Are there any third party or bolt on modules that have been made that can do the custom assembly work?

Unfortunately our current ERP software that we use has a fantastic and very easy to use “custom assembly” / “kit” ability that our employees have become hooked on. My fear is that switching them over to Acumatica will cause them to revolt… and I’m not sure that I have the stomach for that!!

Hi @RufusTrunt

I have a few clients that use a customization by BizTech called “Kit Processing” that might help you. You would still need to go through the creation process you outlined above, but the customization does not require Kit Assembly, or disassembly. The customization also allows you to choose how you want the price calculated, by the components default prices, kit default price, or combine them. It might be worth looking into this. 

I’ve attached a screenshot with the additional fields this adds to the “kit Specifications” screen for you here.

Thank you so much for the idea. I will definitely call them.