Skip to main content

Hello all,

I have been trying to fix the change ID error for the stock items. So I have 2 items with the same inventory IDs but under different classes.
eg :
3032 - item description A - item class A
3032 - Item description B - item class B

I created a PO with 3032 - item description A. And then i changed the Item ID for “3032 - item description B” to “B3032 - item description B”.
But these changes got reflected in my PO too as:
B3032 - Item Description A.

How can I resolve this?

I even tried to interchange the values as “A3032 - Item description A” & “3032 - item description B” but then my PO got changed to 3032 - item description A whereas the PO should get changed to “A3032 - item description A”.

Thanks,

Hello,

What is the length of the Inventory ID in Segmented Keys screen?

Is the Length longer than 4?

If you have two Stock Items with the same ID, and the ID is shorter than the Length in Segmented Keys screen, I recommend you raise a support ticket with your VAR or with Acumatica for help. Acumatica will assign a unique Inventory ID to your Item B.

Laura

Hello,

What is the length of the Inventory ID in Segmented Keys screen?

Is the Length longer than 4?

If you have two Stock Items with the same ID, and the ID is shorter than the Length in Segmented Keys screen, I recommend you raise a support ticket with your VAR or with Acumatica for help. Acumatica will assign a unique Inventory ID to your Item B.

Laura

And what if i could make the required changes and then run a sql script for that particular po?

I can’t recommend SQL as a solution for any Acumatica issue.

I wonder, is use of SQL in Acumatica the cause of duplicate Stock Item ID’s ? ?  🤔

Laura

@Harshita i had something similar happen to a client of mine with project IDs.  it seems like although I deleted the project on the UI, the DB didn’t register the change.  I had to submit a ticket to acumatica to get it resolved.  I believe they did run a script to help fix it but it was done by their team and not by myself or the client

Hi ALL,

I'm wondering how to create 2 items with the same InventoryID in Acumatica?

Best Regards,

NNT