Skip to main content
Solved

Internal Approval Workflows - Modifying Attributes After Approval

• 16 May 2024
  • 2 replies

This is our 3 months on this system so still a lot to learn. We're using internal approval workflows in Acumatica. My question is: is it possible to modify specific document attributes after an initial level of approval has been granted without triggering the entire approval process again?

For instance, if a Project quote is approved by a manager, can we update the attributes without requiring re-approval by the manager or subsequent approvers?

Additional Information:

• Acumatica version Acumatica 2023 R2 Build 23.211.0017
  • Looking at Project quotes attributes and updating the yellow highlighted fields.
  •  

Hope my question is making sense and that someone can be able to assist me.

2 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

Welcome to Acumatica Community!  Your question makes perfect sense.

When a document is put back on hold in order to make changes, removing Hold sends the document for approval again, from the beginning (as if it wasn’t already approved). With current Acumatica versions, we have no way to modify any fields without starting over the approvals when a changed document is taken off Hold again.

Please vote for improvements:

Thank you.

Laura

Userlevel 1

Hi Laura,

Thank you for your prompt response and clarification on the matter. While I appreciate the insight into the current functionality, it's disheartening to learn that there hasn't been progress on this front in the past four years since the issue was initially raised.

As a relatively new user to Acumatica, we're continually discovering areas where small enhancements could significantly improve efficiency and user experience. The ability to modify specific document attributes without triggering a complete re-approval process seems like a logical step forward, particularly for businesses like ours that rely heavily on internal approval workflows.

Thank you again for your assistance.