Skip to main content
Solved

Carrier Integration - Bill to Recipient Incorrectly Bills to 3rd Party

• 5 June 2024
  • 2 replies

When we bill a customer account, for some reason its showing as Bill 3rd Party on the label and a vendor just reached out letting us know they are getting hit with fees.

We've talked with Fedex multiple times. Fedex said it's some type of configuration in the back end of Acumatica causing this issue. We are sending to the responsible party. FedEx Support said it's being sent over as 3rd Party. 

FedEx support is unable to change it, said it has to be changed on the backend of the system: 

"The payment type is coming in the transaction and Acumatica needs to work with the Web Service hotline – 8773392774.   Thank you.

We've also had one of our devs look at it. His analysis:

From review of Acumatica source code, it looks like when the shipment Use Customer Account endorsement is set and the carrier billing type for the customer is Receiver, then the integration adds 'RECEIVER' as an attribute.  I don't have view into the Acumatica FedEX api, so I can't see exactly how everything is fed into the specific carrier service.

I can verify that the labels are being generated by the carrier marked as BILL THIRD PARTY, seemingly whenever the Use Customer Account endorsement is checked.  I also see BILL SENDER when this is not checked.  Keep in mind that I am spot-checking shipments, but I have not seen any FedEx labels marked as BILL RECIPIENT in the our system. 

We're wondering if this is a known issue with your Fedex API, and what are the steps we need to take to make sure that Fedex recognizes the Billing Type Receiver instead of incorrectly assigning Bill 3rd party.

We’ve also confirmed that this is also happening with UPS. This isn’t just a Fedex API issue.

Any thoughts or ideas?

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Were you able to find a solution ?

We passed this along to ACU Support, and they said that the fix for this was applied in 23R2. Because 22R2 is now sunsetted, we have been forced to upgrade mainly because of this issue.