Question

When is the Location header returned via REST?

• 30 May 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

We have some heavy customizations around Sales Orders and we also have Avalara integration. When the Sales Order is saved, it can take a few seconds to save the order. When I add an order via the Rest API, I don’t receive back a Location header like I would when I call a Release action, for example.

My question is: Is there something I can do to make Acumatica return a Location header when saving (PUTting) a Sales Order via the Rest API?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Django Not really answering your question, but do you really need to recalculate Avalara taxes when you send a Sales Order via API?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

They get calculated when the order is saved the first time and if the system thinks that there is the potential for the order total to change when we add new lines to the order.  Does that answer your question? :)

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved