Solved

Is there an Access Token lifetime in versions 2023 R1 and older?

• 29 November 2023
  • 3 replies

In our application we use the Authorization Code Flow.

Our connected application runs multiples times a day and automatically uses the Refresh Token to receive new Access Tokens, but after 30 days, the Refresh Token is no longer accepted by Acumatica. The message returned by the server when sending the Refresh Token to get a new Access token is:

"error":"invalid_grant"

This logic would have been working for the previous 30 days.

I see that in 2023 R2, on the SM303010 form, there is “Refresh Tokens” section and an option to configure the Refresh Token lifetime (Absolute, Infinite, Sliding).

My question is, in 2023 R1 (and older), where SM303010 does not have the “Refresh Tokens” section, is there a lifetime “policy” implicitly in place for Refresh Tokens?

If there was an implicit Refresh Token absolute lifetime of 30 days (could not be configured) then this would explain to me why our logic to exchange the Refresh Token for a new Access Token would stop  working after 30 days. But if the implicit Refresh Token lifetime is Infinite, then I need to go back to the drawing board.

Any insight would be appreciated, thank you.

Ryan

icon

Best answer by Dmitrii Naumov 29 November 2023, 17:43

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello Ryan, 

there was an implicit Refresh Token absolute lifetime of 30 days (could not be configured) 

This is correct, in previous versions there was absolute 30 days lifetime and there were no configuration.

The configuration is only introduced in 23r2.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Your are right. In 2023 R1 the lifetime was not infinite. You can find details in https://help.acumatica.com/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=04b11c17-2ba6-4c56-8810-12918a5a9ef4

Thank you @Dmitrii Naumov and @kpopova for those quick responses. You are awesome!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved