Question

How to set premium freight price on Sales Order programmatically via API

• 11 September 2023
  • 11 replies

Badge

Is it possible to send a total premium freight price value when creating a sales order?

Below is the request we are sending but it does not work

{"CustomerID":{"value":"855215____"},"FinancialSettings":{"Branch":{"value":"LOCAL"}},"CustomerOrder":{"value":"10"},"Details":[{"InventoryID":{"value":"CC-W0930"},"OrderQty":{"value":1},"UnitPrice":{"value":166},"custom":{"Transactions":{"UsrAssembled":{"value":true},"UsrHingePlacement":{"value":"Right"},"ManualPrice":{"value":true}}}},{"InventoryID":{"value":"ASSEMBLE"},"OrderQty":{"value":1},"UnitPrice":{"value":16.6},"custom":{"Transactions":{"ManualPrice":{"value":true}}}},{"InventoryID":{"value":"CUSTOM-CABINET"},"OrderQty":{"value":1},"UnitPrice":{"value":67.33},"custom":{"Transactions":{"ManualPrice":{"value":true}}}}],"Totals":{"PremiumFreight":{"value":175},"OverrideFreightAmount":{"value":true}}}

11 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hi,

Can you share for more information? It seems to to be working.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@ericyz  I have modified your request and it is working as expected. 

Please change the INVENTORY ID field values and try to sync.

{
"OrderNbr": {
"value": "<NEW>"
},
"OrderType": {
"value": "SO"
},
"CustomerID": {
"value": "AACUSTOMER"
},
"FinancialSettings": {
"Branch": {
"value": "PRODWHOLE"
}
},
"CustomerOrder": {
"value": "10"
},
"Details": [
{
"InventoryID": {
"value": "AACOMPUT01"
},
"OrderQty": {
"value": 1
},
"UnitPrice": {
"value": 166
}
},
{
"value": "CONBABY2"
},
},
"value": 16.6
},
"custom": {
"Transactions": {
"ManualPrice": {
"value": true
}
}
}
},
{
"value": "CONBABY1"
},
},
"value": 67.33
},
"custom": {
"Transactions": {
"ManualPrice": {
}
}
}
}
],
"Totals": {
"PremiumFreight": {
"value": 175
},
"OverrideFreightAmount": {
}
}
}

Badge

Thank you both, so you are saying you did not change anything on my request and it works? If that is the case, could there be a setting on client’s acumatica implementation that is preventing my request to work? We are able to create sales orders, we are not able to set this field...

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@ericyz Are you able to update the value from the screen level manually?

Badge

Yes I am able to set it manually. I did not see any difference on the API requests from yours with what I posted originally. You guys are basically saying request is correct and it should work? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@ericyz  I see there is a difference between your request to my request. Have you checked with my JSON request and able to see the Premium Freight updated in SO?

Badge

@Naveen Boga I copied my request and expanded the Totals area - I think it is in the same format with yours. What could be the issue?

{"CustomerID":{"value":"855215____"},"FinancialSettings":{"Branch":{"value":"LOCAL"}},"CustomerOrder":{"value":"10"},"Details":[{"InventoryID":{"value":"CC-W0930"},"OrderQty":{"value":1},"UnitPrice":{"value":166},"custom":{"Transactions":{"UsrAssembled":{"value":true},"UsrHingePlacement":{"value":"Right"},"ManualPrice":{"value":true}}}},{"InventoryID":{"value":"ASSEMBLE"},"OrderQty":{"value":1},"UnitPrice":{"value":16.6},"custom":{"Transactions":{"ManualPrice":{"value":true}}}},{"InventoryID":{"value":"CUSTOM-CABINET"},"OrderQty":{"value":1},"UnitPrice":{"value":67.33},"custom":{"Transactions":{"ManualPrice":{"value":true}}}}],

"Totals":

{"PremiumFreight":

{"value":175},

"OverrideFreightAmount":

{"value":true}

}

}

Badge

Following up here, any ideas? My request looks same with the ones you tried that works. What could be the reason my request does not work? I am able to create the sales order, just can’t set that field

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@ericyz Did you check in any other instance and observed the same behaviour?

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @ericyz were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Badge

No solution, we gave up on it unfortunately

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved