Solved

How to get count of records while executing any webservice within Acumatica while executing API in postman

• 17 May 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi Experts,

I am currently working on integrating with Acumatica and I have encountered a situation where I need to retrieve the count of records while executing an API from Postman.

I have a few questions regarding this:

1. Is there a solution to obtain the count of records in Acumatica through the API?

2. What is the purpose of the "$expand" key? Is there an alternative way to import all inner nodes without explicitly specifying them using the "$expand" parameter?

3. How can I determine the "Data Type" of a field when retrieving the schema of an object within the Acumatica system from Postman?

I would greatly appreciate your assistance.

icon

Best answer by sweta68 30 May 2023, 08:13

View original

2 replies

sagar07 - Not sure on the count, but for REST testing with Postman I find it easiest to first do a GET query then use the results of that in a PUT query editing a few fields like Created Date/Time fields as needed.

With Invoices if you use Expand on details that will give you the lines for the invoice and you can import the header and lines with one PUT:

Invoice/449cd1e0-fd7a-ec11-8f9b-000d3a9689c0/?$expand=Details

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @sagar07 ,

1. No, I believe currently it is not possible to obtain the count of records in Acumatica through the API.

2. There is no alternative way to import all inner nodes without explicitly specifying them using the "$expand" parameter.

3. You can retrieve the schema of an entity using the "$adHocSchema" parameter in the API request. The response will include the schema information, including the data type of each field. This allows you to determine the data type of a field when retrieving the schema of an object in Acumatica through the API.

Hope, it helps!

Regards,

Sweta

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved