Skip to main content
Solved

SO Import line items from excel sheet to user field

• 8 February 2023
  • 8 replies

I have created a user defined field (Customer Line Number) on SO301000 to the Details > Grid: Transactions for my company. This field is working as expected, however I am unable to map an excel upload to the grid to that user defined field

Is there a way to enable import mapping to a user defined field? See picture for more details.

2022 R2 Build 22.209.0029

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Is it UDF, based on attribute, or it is DAC extension?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Yuriy Zaletskyy, thank you for your response. 

I’m pretty new to Acumatica customizations so not entirely sure, but I believe it is just a UDF.

Does this screenshot help? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi, not it’s not UDF, it’s classic DAC Extension. Try please to type of name of the field in import scenario, just type there UsrCustLineNbr.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Good idea, unfortunately same result. When I enter in any value there it doesn’t save it if it is not matching anything in the drop-down.

Just to be clear, I’m using the file upload to import into the details of a sales order. Maybe this would work better if I made an import scenario?

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @rmillerKimball  were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Chris Hackett

Mostly? I was unable to find the solution I was hoping for, but the solution that ended up working is importing a new sales order with an Import Scenario using information from this post: 

Thanks for checking in!

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thank you for sharing your solution with the community @rmillerKimball !

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@rmillerKimball unfortunately, you will not be able to upload the UDF data using the load records from file option.  alternatively, you can create a import scenario.  on your import scenario, you will select the summary section and specify the UDF name (which is the attribute ID)

hope this helps