Skip to main content
Solved

Sales Order Quote Customization

• 3 July 2024
  • 3 replies

Hello, I’m pretty new to adding customization projects and was wondering if I add new column/data fields on the Sales Quote Form in the Details section, do I also need to add those to the Sales Order Form and Shipment form?

When I tried adding one earlier, both the Sales Order and Shipment pages gave me the "object reference" error, so before I added anything else just wanted to see if that could be what is causing that issue. 

My thought train is because you can generate a Sales Order from the Quotes, the Sales Order “form” is looking to transfer that data field but can't because it's not in the SO Form. 

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @ddickerson,

What you described is unusual behaviour. Normally, adding new columns or data fields to the Sales Quote Detail (CROpportunityProducts) should not affect the Sales Order or Shipment forms, as CROpportunityProducts is an independent DAC.

Please try to add your field one more time in a new customization project, and if you encounter the same error, share your customization package with us."

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @ddickerson ,

Adding a custom field to the Quotes screen shouldn't cause an error by itself. If you encounter an issue, it might be because you're transferring this custom field to the Sales Order or Shipment screens, and those screens don't have the same custom field.

Could you please provide more detailed information about when you're experiencing the object reference issue? Is it occurring when you open the screen, or when you perform a specific action?

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@ddickerson I'm not clear with the requirement/problem details that you shared, Can you please share your source code with use to review and help you out.