Question

Override the submit action on the Project Quote screen to add custom logic

• 11 June 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello Everyone,

I want to override the submit action on the Project Quote screen to add custom logic for data validation. However, the Project Quote graph and its extensions do not contain this action code for overriding.

The submit action is defined in the EPApprovalActionExtensionPersistentRequired generic class, which is an approval view in the Project Quote graph.

How can I override this action to add my custom logic?

Thanks

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

@rajeshvemunoori31 I see this in the PMQuoteMaint file with the signature:

public class PMQuoteApproval
        : EPApprovalActionExtensionPersistent<PMQuote, PMQuote.approved, PMQuote.rejected, PMSetup.quoteApprovalMapID, PMSetup.quoteApprovalNotificationID>
    {
        [PXUIField(DisplayName = PX.Objects.EP.Messages.Submit)]
        [PXButton(Category = Messages.Processing, DisplayOnMainToolbar = true)]
        public override IEnumerable Submit(PXAdapter adapter)

I believe this is what you are hoping to override

Userlevel 2
Badge

@josiahl64 
I’m using 22R2(22.211) version and the ‘PMQuoteApproval’ class is not available in this verison. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

I found this community question by @aaghaei who was trying to do something similar, if it helps you at all. It looks like he was able to override one of the approval process methods but I am not an expert, this is the best help I could find

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved