Skip to main content
Solved

Only display some available values in case class ID selector

I am very new to customizations in Acumatica. I was wondering if it’s possible to only display certain values in a selector. For example, I would only like to display 3 out of the 9 possible values below as we would like to deprecate some of them. I’m assuming this has to be done with changes to the code, maybe a graph extension, but I have not made customizations through code changes before so I’m not sure how to approach this. If anyone has some example code for something similar, I would greatly appreciate it.

3 replies

Badge +12

I wouldn’t necessarily recommend this as a great place to start your customization journey, but if you choose to anyway, perhaps this article would be helpful. Also, you should take the available development courses if you haven’t.

You can use PXRestrictor to remove certain records based upon something. You can use multiple PXRestrictor attributes at the same time. Perhaps define one for each class you want to remove.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thank you @darylbowman, I will look more into PXRestrictor. I was able to find this article as well. It does seem complicated to make this change however I am testing it in a staging environment, not our production so hopefully any issues would be apparent. I will look into taking the development courses as well.

Badge +12

That’s actually a much more informative article. Everything on Brian’s site is good.