Skip to main content
Question

Issue with PXRichTextEdit and .SetEnable

• 23 July 2024
  • 6 replies

Help??

Have a screen that has a PXRichTextEdit that is bound to a child grid field.  So that as we edit the records in the grid, can edit line-level notes.  It is in a tab.

<px:PXRichTextEdit AllowInsertPrevParameter="False" AllowInsertParameter="True" AllowLoadTemplate="True" AllowSourceMode="True" AllowSearch="True" AllowPlaceholders="True" AllowMacros="True" AllowAttached="True" textmode="MultiLine" Height="100%" Width="100%" runat="server" ID="edNoteHtml" DataField="NoteHtml" Style="border-width: 0px; border-top-width: 1px; width: 100%;">

In code, checking another field and enabling/disabling PXRichTextEdit field (noteHtml):

protected void _(Events.RowSelected<SSPAgreementSection> e)
        {
            var row = (SSPAgreementSection)e.Row;
            if (row == null) return;

if(row.Locked == true)
            {
                PXUIFieldAttribute.SetEnabled<SSPAgreementSection.noteHtml>(e.Cache, row, false);
            }
            else
            {
                PXUIFieldAttribute.SetEnabled<SSPAgreementSection.noteHtml>(e.Cache, row, true);
            }

}

Works great, enables/disables the field.

Issue is that after going past a record that disables it, it then will not DISPLAY the values properly as you got back to an enabled line.  

Click on Row 4:  Shows record properly, enabled, can edit just fine.

Click on Row 5 (which should be disabled)...Headers from RichTextEditor go away, can’t edit the values in it.  Great.

Click Back on Row 4, editor headers re-appears, but the text is nowhere to be seen and the box is tiny and no way to get it to show again.

6 replies

Badge +12

If you click the grid ‘Refresh’ icon, does anything change?

Unfortunately no, that just refreshes the grid.  Doesn’t do anything to the display of the html editor under the grid.  :(

I did notice that if I resize the form a couple times and click back and forth on enabled rows, it starts working again.  Until I go back through a disabled row.

Guess I probably need to log a bug with Acumatica and say “can’t do that”.  :(

Badge +12

You could experiment with AutoCallBack on the grid and see if you could refresh the textbox.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi  @JEFSMI ,

Could you please try it like this:

<Template>
            <px:PXRichTextEdit ID="edOutputJsonDisplayFields" runat="server" DataField="OutputJsonDisplay" Style="width: 100%; height: 120px" AllowAttached="true"
                            AllowSearch="true" AllowMacros="true" AllowLoadTemplate="false" AllowSourceMode="true" >
                <AutoSize Enabled="True" MinHeight="216" />

</px:PXRichTextEdit>
        </Template>

Jini - thanks for the thought - it didn’t work.  I put your exact one in (just changing the DatField) and same issue.
FYI - apparently my HTML didn’t copy up above - I did have the AutoSize enabled, but tried yours as you have a couple other things slightly different.  No success.  :( 

My original full ASPX:

<px:PXRichTextEdit AllowInsertPrevParameter="False" AllowInsertParameter="True" AllowLoadTemplate="True" AllowSourceMode="True" AllowSearch="True" AllowPlaceholders="True" AllowMacros="True" AllowAttached="True" textmode="MultiLine" Height="100%" Width="100%" runat="server" ID="edNoteHtml" DataField="NoteHtml" Style="border-width: 0px; border-top-width: 1px; width: 100%;">
                                        <AutoSize Enabled="True" MinHeight="216" />
                                        <LoadTemplate TextField="Note" Size="M" DataSourceID="ds" ValueField="SectionCode" ViewName="AgreeTemplate" DataMember="AgreeSectionRO" TypeName="SSS.SSP.SSPAgreementMaint"></LoadTemplate>
                                        <InsertDatafield TextField="Name" ValueField="Path" DataSourceID="ds" ImageField="Icon" DataMember="EntityItems"></InsertDatafield>
                                    </px:PXRichTextEdit>

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @JEFSMI were you able to find a solution? Thank you!