Solved

Field values not saving in Line details Labor screen

• 22 April 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Dear Team,

Currently in Labor screen, if the “Qty in scrap” field is checked, then it doesn’t allow us to edit the Line details which were generated automatically. I have managed to make the fields as editable in Line details. But the problem is, i have 2 customized fields which i want to fill in the Data. After i key-in the data and save the value disappears. Please help me on this.

Regards,

Ramya

icon

Best answer by Tony Lanzer 24 April 2022, 18:54

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Chris Hackett ,

Yes, I managed to save the data using Row selected event.

Regards,

Ramya

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @ramya15 have you been able to resolve your issue? Thank you!

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

@ramya15, Typically with a Line Details type of dialog, I would extend the RowSelected event handler for the line details table/entity and enable the appropriate fields if they are not already.  If the fields are enabled but not saving, I would suggest setting CommitChanges to True in the UI settings, and maybe extending the FieldUpdated or RowPersisting event handlers, or the Persist method, then debugging to see when the value is getting lost.  You may need to force a Persist() if needed. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @tlanzer25 ,

yes, it’s a DB field. I cannot save not only the custom field, also the standard fields on “Line Details”. Some standard acumatica code is not allowing me to do this. Because as per standard all the fields in “Line Detail” are not allowed to edit when the “Scrap Qty” field is checked on Line. I’m trying to override the standard operation, but cannot find a way. Please help me on this.

:(

Regards,

Ramya

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Is the custom field a db field also?  Is it designated as such in the DAC extension?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved