Solved

Does Acumatica has any method to identify how a record has been created?

• 30 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hello All,

Does Acumatica have any method to identify how a record has been created or is being created? By this I mean whether a record is created by user through UI, an Import Scenario, an API call … or we have to come up with creative solutions? I know in events we have e.External that identifies if UI has made the call or some internal processes but I have not come across entry source identifying methods? Any help is appreciated.

@Yuriy Zaletskyy

icon

Best answer by Yuriy Zaletskyy 30 May 2023, 09:29

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

In the graph itself there are couple of methods ( spelling may be a bit wrong, as typing from the phone ):

1. IsApiCall - you are executed in API context. 

2. IsImport/IsExport - you are in the context of import or export scenario

3. IsCopyPaste - you are in the context of paste

As far as I know, context of creation is not preserved in db. 

But if I would need to distinguish, I'd consider using different users for API calls, import/export scenario. Even more, for API call from different sources use different users. I.e. bigcommerceUser, magentoUser. But for CopyPaste context, I don't have much ideas in the morning.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Thank you @Yuriy Zaletskyy 

You are great as always. I will give it a shot and if I could make it work, I will put the methods with correct naming below this post for future reference.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Yuriy Zaletskyy It worked as exactly you pointed out for runtime. For historical purposes, I added a custom text field to save the “Call Methods” into it for future access.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved