Solved

Add new status to order type Quote in the Sales Order screen via a work flow

• 5 April 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Is it possible to add an additional status of “WON” for orders of type quote in the sales order screen.  This would be for the Quote workflow.  Are there any ramifications to doing this?

I was looking at customizations to add a new available status and the idea of using a workflow to create the new status was proposed.

Thanks for any thoughts!

icon

Best answer by Vignesh Ponnusamy 6 April 2023, 23:20

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @ltussing03,

I think it should be straight forwards. Below is simple demonstration that could help you get started,

• Add Status field and from the Combo Box action add the custom status 

• Create a new Action and in the Field update set the status to the custom status created above

• Extend QT workflow and enable it

• In the example, I have added the Custom Action to be available when the Document is in Open status

• Select the Open State → Add a Transition and set the Target status to the Custom status

Save and publish the customization package. Below are the screenshot of the outcome,

I have also attached the customization project for you reference. Implementation will differ and could get complicated based on your requirement. Thanks,

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Thank you for all of the great information and screen shots!

You really went all out on this response, and it is greatly appreciated!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved