Skip to main content
Solved

2021 R1 Enable Locked Fields

How do I enable locked fields, like we used to in Automation Steps? I’m seeing it’s under Customizations now, but I am not seeing a useful walkthrough on this. I want to unlock a date filed on the SO Header when a shipment is created. 

26 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi! 

I am being charged 5000 to enable my invoice screen to update the default sales person on an invoice once the invoice is released. Salesperson getting credit changes all the time! 

It looks like it should be a straight forward workflow change. I do not have the ability to code myself in ACUMATICA but this seems like highway robbery. Thoughts? 

5k, does seem a bit high, but if your system is highly modified, maybe not. @Joe Schmucker is correct that SOME fields are a real chore to enable. You should be able to test this on your end to see if this field can be easily enabled.

1. Open Customization Projects, and EXPORT the one you intend to work on, so you have a backup. If you fail at any following step, re-import the backup and pretend you were never here. I assume you know how to publish & unpublish, if not then you should pay someone as customizations are the fastest way to break your system. (I would know, I’ve done terrible things to mine that required us to remotely unpublish as we couldn’t even log in)
  1. Follow the steps in the part marked BEST answer in this thread. If you don’t see your screen, add it under the SCREENS heading.

2. Find the post from Naveen about adding in the code in this thread, you DO need to set the enabled flag, which he shows you how to do. The “hard” part is ensuring you’re targeting the objects as Naveen is likey not targeting what you need specifically. Side Note: Naveen is awesome and will always keep you going down the right path.

3. Once you have the field on the workflow under the completed/closed/released/whatever status & the code is enabled, then you can publish and see if the field is unlocked for you.