Skip to main content
Solved

Unable to delete On Hold AR invoice that came from a Pro Forma Invoice in 2024R1

• 25 June 2024
  • 7 replies

I am getting an error when trying to delete an On Hold AR Invoice that’s created from a pro forma invoice.  See below.  The message seems incomplete and makes no sense.  I need to recreate the proforma invoice to factor in the updated bill rate.

Does anyone know why and how to resolve?

BTW, is deleting and regenerating the pro forma invoice the best way to correct billing rates?   In my example, some rates have been changed and added in the rate table after the proforma invoice was processed.

Thanks for your time and input in advance.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@jlian37 You can correct this buy clicking the button Correct on the Pro Forma Invoice.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks Heidi.  That’s what I tried to do first, but the option is disabled.  That’s because this invoice contains T&M lines, right?

Anyway, so I tried something else - I released the AR invoice and then try to reverse it.  When I do that, I get this warning.  Since I do still want to bill the customer, I stopped and didn’t reverse the invoice.

Also interestingly, after releasing the AR invoice, the Correct option is now enabled on the Pro Forma invoice, but I get this error when I click it.

So back to my original question - how do I fix a pro forma invoice with T&M lines to correct billing rates?   In my example, some rates have been changed and added in the rate table after the proforma invoice was processed.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Heidi Dempsey - when you get a chance, could you please give me some guidance on my question?  Seems like there is no easy way to fix a released T&M pro forma invoice in Acumatica.  Hope I am wrong about that...

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@jlian37  sorry for miscommunication.  With a T&M Pro Forma, you need to Reverse on the AR side.  Here is the help documentation https://help.acumatica.com/(W(1))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=5b45212d-27d6-4fca-ab19-a077b4999f44

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks Heidi.  I already followed the guide tried to do that.  Please see my post from 6/25.   

The problem is that the Pro Forma invoice remains unchanged (i.e., still closed) after I ignored the warning and reversed the AR invoice.   And of course, I still can’t correct the PFI because it contains T&M lines.   To make matters worse, since I can’t create another AR invoice from that PFI any more, seems like I will be stuck with having to manually create an AR invoice and calculate the new billing amount all manually.   Hope I am missing something.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@jlian37 correct you cannot correct the Pro Forma, you will just run a new project billing.  The help article I attached will explain how to correct different project invoices.  You can reach out to me directly if need additional assistance.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@jlian37 correct you cannot correct the Pro Forma, you will just run a new project billing.  

That did it.  So reversing the AR invoice and releasing it actually re-creates the billable transactions.  That’s why its necessary to run project billing again.   

And I did confirm that running project billing does pick up the rate changes and calculate the billing amounts based on new rates.  So we are good there too.

Thanks Heidi. You are the best.