Skip to main content

I’m working through the process of setting up NEW taskcodes for a project.  At the moment we have existing taskcodes and have 1) budgeted them, 2) created subcontracts, & 3) recorded invoices.

Mgmt has now decided they want a difference set of taskcodes.  To do this I’ve:

1. created the new taskcodes,
  2. updated the budget to set the old taskcode amount to zero & enter the new taskcode amount
  3. created a journal entry to record a reclass from the old code to the new.
  4. created change orders to reclass taskcodes from old to new.

This process

1. maintained my GL reporting
  2. gave me the project reporting with the new taskcodes in Project Cost Reports and in the Project Cost Budget screen.  This includes budget, Actuals, & open commitments.

But, when I look at the resulting subcontracts I still have “actual amounts” recorded against the old taskcodes.  The totals for the subcontract are correct but individual lines for the old taskcodes still have actual amounts. 

I realize that instead of journal entries I should have used bills to reclass the amounts between taskcodes so that the GL, Projects & SUBCONTRACT tables would have been updated.

Is there any way I can avoid reversing journal entries and re-recording the impact with Bills?

@RHarrison can you share a screenshot of where you are still seeing the actual amounts? also, i’m reading above that the actual GLs are correct right as well as the projects?

Hi @RHarrison  were you able to find a solution? Thank you!