Skip to main content

I’m recording a change order to impact costs but I can’t seem to control what period they are reflected in on the Project Cost Reports.  

I’ve set both the Change Date & the Approval Date to 7/31/2023 but when I run the Project Cost Report the change only shows if I run it for the period 8/31/2024 (the current period).

I need to be able to see this change reflect in the prior year’s period (July 2023).

I don’t see a finperiod on the change order.  That’s why I assumed it would be driven by the Change Date or the Approval Date.

What version of Acumatica are you on?  I know that we’ve run into a few issues on the WIP reports and others around the dates on the change orders and what period they get included in.  Also - do your periods follow the calendar year (i.e. January is period 1) or do you have a non-calendar fiscal year (i.e. Fiscal year starts in March or something).  Our issues were partially due to a non-calendar fiscal year, but we had to submit a case to Acumatica and I think they were able to get this fixed in a later build but may have given my colleague an updated version of the report in the interim.

Cases 317999 - Relates to Known Issue AC-286348, fixed in 23.112 - Items posted on the first or last day of the period posted into an incorrect period.

Case 303128 - Issues in 22.113 (prior to upgrade) around the non-calendar fiscal year (i.e. items with a date in April (period 07-2023) were displayed in the reports as posted into period 04-2023, even though for the client that was the January period)

What version of Acumatica are you on?  I know that we’ve run into a few issues on the WIP reports and others around the dates on the change orders and what period they get included in.  Also - do your periods follow the calendar year (i.e. January is period 1) or do you have a non-calendar fiscal year (i.e. Fiscal year starts in March or something).  Our issues were partially due to a non-calendar fiscal year, but we had to submit a case to Acumatica and I think they were able to get this fixed in a later build but may have given my colleague an updated version of the report in the interim.

Cases 317999 - Relates to Known Issue AC-286348, fixed in 23.112 - Items posted on the first or last day of the period posted into an incorrect period.

Case 303128 - Issues in 22.113 (prior to upgrade) around the non-calendar fiscal year (i.e. items with a date in April (period 07-2023) were displayed in the reports as posted into period 04-2023, even though for the client that was the January period)

And our fiscal year is the same as calendar years.  So it looks like it’s a reporting issue.  

Which date should the report be picking up?  The Change Date or the Approval date?

Based on the release notes for the known issue, I think it’s the approval date.  Since this is posting back into an older period, have you tried recalculating the project balances?

Based on the release notes for the known issue, I think it’s the approval date.  Since this is posting back into an older period, have you tried recalculating the project balances?

Yes, I’ve recalc’d the project balances.

It’s strange that I set both the approval date and Change Date as 2023.

Maybe log a case with Acumatica.  It could be that there’s something hardcoded into the background that’s taking the actual time/date stamp from the approval from this week and preventing it from being back-dated?

@RHarrison @meganfriesen37 also I believe it is a great product idea so TranPeriodID and FinPeriodID is added to this screen. If you like please create a Product Idea and share the link so people can upvote. In my view any screen that has financial impacts should be bound to the PeriodIDs.

Idea added here: