Skip to main content

Hello,

I have a client using Acumatica payroll and Construction. The client also has Union payroll. On T&M billed projects, they bill labor dependent on the 3 below items:

1. Labor item (Journeyman, Foreman, General Foreman)
  2. Earning Type (RG, OT, DT)
  3. Union (SheetMetal, Carpenters, etc)

The current Rate Tables in Acumatica only go as far as Inventory item. I know I could create a non-stock item for each rate type and union, but that’s not feasible for this client.

I have created a very long IIF statement in the billing rule that works but it’s too long, the system cuts it off after 4000 characters.

Is there a way to create a Rate table based off of these 3 items that I’m not seeing?

Hello,

There is an idea on the board to add the earning types which I would love to see:

The union one is a new one for me, but can you combine the union with the labor item (i.e Sheet Metal JM) and I’ve posted about the labor item and earning type here:

@cshaheen26 Can you please advise how the project is updated and how the Labor Rate should come to play? If you have payroll in place whether or not you set up rates, the projects will get updated with actual payroll figures. With Payroll module installed you only have two options out of the box really. 1) Create project transactions when timesheets are released and then update with payroll actual figures 2) Post to projects only from payroll.

@aaghaei The costing to the Project is not the issue. It is the Billing of the Project. The client does not bill the cost to the client but they bill using a billing rate that is dependent on the three factors mentioned above. Example, the bill hours coded to the job at regular hours different than they bill OT hours. OT hours are billed at a higher rate.

@cshaheen26 sorry about the misunderstanding and thank you for the clarification. In this case I am afraid you do not have much of options out of the box. Other than lengthy high maintenance formula in billing rules with a little bit of customization you can create something neat.

• Add a custom column to “Labor Rate” screen let call it “Charge-out Rate” and fill it for the combination of  Union/Local and Labor Item.
  • Each employee has their assigned union so you know the union from employee.
  • When creating the timesheet, you are selecting the Earning Type so you have your overtime multiplier.
  • When creating the timesheet, you also are selecting the Labor Item so you can find the associated rate with the Labor Item and Union/Local from the Labor Rate table.
  • If you want to have more control over the rate you are charging and manipulate it sometimes, you can add the same “Charge-out Rate” column to the Employee Timecard Lines. Otherwise skip to the next step.
  • Add the same custom field to the PMTran and set its default property the fill its value based on the information you have or read from Time Card lines (if its added in the above step). When a Time Card is released to project, this defaulting logic will set the desired value for the custom field.
  • In Billing Rule use this rate and multiply by Quantity to get the Amount you want to bill.