Skip to main content

2023R2 Construction Edition, Inventory Module, Recalculate Inventory Process fails

• 4 June 2024
  • 2 replies

Just upgraded from 2022R2 to 2023R2 as we were pressed that our current version was rolling out of support.  We use the Construction Edition, 2023R2, 23.208.0026 upgraded to this build on 5/14/24.
PROBLEM: Inventory Module, Recalculate Inventory Process.  Enter the Warehouse, Inventory ID, Item Class of the item, and check the Rebuild Item History Since box and enter your desired date from which to recalculate.  Next, select the "SELECTED" checkbox in the grid next to your listed inventory item(s) that you wish to recalculate the inventory for.  Select the "PROCESS" button to execute the recalculate inventory process.  The process displays a “Failed” error notification panel.  Error message says: “Operand data type NULL is invalid for max operator.”  All of the Qty information display in the error panel is incorrect as well. (Screenshot inserted, but error message provided in case the image doesn’t get included).  Opened a case with our Partner.  They could not figure this out and escalate to Acumatica.  After a couple of days, Acumatica responded to our Partner, who then told us that Acumatica’s response to the case is:  “I have got update from Acumatica and they acknowledge that this is known bug in 23R2 version. Acumatica confirmed that this bug is addressed in newer version 24R2 which is not released yet.  So, how does that help those of us using Inventory heavily in our business and now our Issues and Transfers, GIs and reports used fo display current quantities of our inventory items as we perform our DAILY business?  I have not been able to find anything in the Community or by searching the internet where “this is a known bug in 23R2.”  Anyone run across that information or have any ideas?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@mrhoades I would ask your partner to push back especially if this is affecting a big portion of your business.  Maybe they can do a quick fix via build update instead of waiting until 24R2, that’s still a ways away

For those that may have experienced this same issue, Acumatica did release a “Recalculate Inventory” hotfix for this issue.  You should have your Partner ask them for it if you can’t find it on the Acumatica site.