Skip to main content

I received a “Could not load type” error after upgrading from (2021 R1 Build 21.116.0049) to (2022 R2 Build 22.126.0004). The error showed while trying to access the login page.

The specific error:

Could not load type

‘PX.Commerce.Core.BCProcessorDetailAttribute’ from assembly ‘PX.Commerce.Core, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3b136cac2f602b8e’.

efollowed by much text in yellow highlight]

When this happened I shut down the VM, and rolled it back to the checkpoint I took immediately prior to the upgrade. I tried the upgrade process again:

Uninstall the current version of Acumatica via Add Remove Programs.

Run the AcumaticaERPInstall.msi

This had the same result. At that point I had to roll it back, and I have been trying to replicate the problem on a freshly built VM. The thing is that my sandbox VM upgraded without any errors, and the newly spun up VM also upgraded without error. I need to upgrade my production server, but need a little help with troubleshooting this.

h.NET Framework Version:4.0.30319, ASP.NET Version:4.8.4749.0]

I know…

Replying to my own post, but maybe it will help narrow this issue down for someone unlucky enough to run into it in the future.

I can replicate the failure by replacing PX.Commerce.Core.dll and its config file with the prior versions. This means that during the upgrade, those files were not overwritten as this dialog states:

So I rolled the VM back, and retried the upgrade by first stopping the web server, and by renaming the Acumatica/bin folder to bin.orig, and then creating a new empty bin folder. This ensures that the upgrade writes all files, and there are no conflicting permissions and whatever else to get in the way.

I could be totally wrong too, but I will attempt the production upgrade using what I learned, and will report back for posterity.

Thank you for sharing your solution with the community @stevec94!