Skip to main content

I restarted my laptop today after the current windows update. All my local Acumatica 2024 R1 instances don't work anymore after restart. They all work fine yesterday. I get the following error. Does anyone have the same problem?

Method not found: 'Serilog.LoggerConfiguration Serilog.Configuration.LoggerSinkConfiguration.Logger(Serilog.ILogger, Boolean, Serilog.Events.LogEventLevel, Serilog.Core.LoggingLevelSwitch)'.

Hi @junmao01 

What build of 24R1 are you using?  Our 24R1 demo site (build 24.104.0008) is running fine on Windows Server 2016.  

I see an assembly in our web.config file that is called SerilogTimings:

<dependentAssembly>
        <assemblyIdentity name="SerilogTimings" publicKeyToken="ea6fc7d88906f03a" culture="neutral" />
        <bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-2.3.0.0" newVersion="2.3.0.0" />
      </dependentAssembly>

You should probably start a support case with Acumatica to let them know about the issue for whatever build you are currently on.

Best,

David

@DavidEichner I have installed following builds in my laptop (Windows 10 Enterprise): 24.101.0059, 24.102.0053, 24.105.0036, 24.106.0018. None of them work after windows update. All of them work fine before windows update. I installed another build 24.107.004 after windows update, but still doesn’t work. I checked web.config file SerilogTimings, it is exactly the same as yours. 

I did open an Acumatica support case. But they don’t support local installations.

Hi @junmao01 were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Have we narrowed down as to which Windows Update impacted the Acumatica Instance?

@Chris Hackett - do you know if the Acumatica SaaS team experienced a similar issue?

We had an on-prem client with a similar issue recently after a Windows Update.

@Chris Hackett Still doesn’t work.

Hi @Kulvir Kaila - While I manage the community I am not a product expert. You would want to check with Support for your question.

We found the issue. it works now after copy the following two dlls to the Acumatica bin directory

Serilog.dll, System.Diagnostics.DiagnosticSource.dll

and modify the web.comfig:

<dependentAssembly>

<assemblyIdentity name="System.Diagnostics.DiagnosticSource" publicKeyToken="cc7b13ffcd2ddd51" culture="neutral" />

<bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-8.0.0.1" newVersion="8.0.0.1" />

</dependentAssembly>

<dependentAssembly>

<assemblyIdentity name="Serilog" publicKeyToken="24c2f752a8e58a10" culture="neutral" />

<bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-4.0.0.0" newVersion="4.0.0.0" />

</dependentAssembly>

Thank you for sharing your solution with the community @junmao01!