Skip to main content

Dear ALL,

Go to Access History screen > Select User as admin > Operation: Access Screen => We see a lot of screens being used even though this admin User has no Log-in during this period.

Please help us explain.

Best Regards,

NNT

If the admin user has set up various business events and automations, whenever these run, they will get tagged with the admin user as the “owner” or “last modified by” user.  I don’t think I’ve noticed those updating the access history in the past, but I’ve had questions about why the admin user is associated with specific transactions in the past.

Hi @meganfriesen37

I noticed that the system collects all the screen usage activities of other Users and records them to the User admin even though the User admin actually has no Sign-in and no actual usage activity during this period. 

I’m not sure that my assumption is correct so I’d like to ask the Acumatica experts again.

Best Regards,

NNT

Hi @nhatnghetinh  - 

Based on my knowledge of how autoamtions/business events run, they all call the admin user account behind the scenes to handle internal steps.

So I would assume this looks something like:
User 1 Saves Invoice

Automation/Business Event triggers

Admin user does something (as part of Business Event/Automation logic)

It’s the same general reason as why the admin user needs to have roles to access any restricted roles/branches if you’re using role based restrictions or you risk automations failing to fire properly.