Skip to main content

Hi Team,

We have a requirement where we have to print one report in 2 different sizes. Basically we are looking for a way where we can set the report labels dynamically with one size as 1''x1'' and other size is 1.5''x3'' inches. We are working with version 2023 R1 (build 23.105).

Can you please suggest the best possible way to achieve it.

Thank you in advance!

Are you looking tor the option when you run the report for the user to select which output the 1x1 or 1.5 X3 or is this going to be drvien by the Item(s) and item class having a flag signifying which size to print?

Hi @dcomerford 

Thank you for the response.

we are looking for the option when we run the report for the user to select which output the 1x1 or 1.5 X3

I would duplicate the existing report with a slightly different name/ID and make them the two required sizes. Then, you'll have build logic around your requirements. If you're printing them from a screen with customizable workflow, you could modify the workflow to show the correct option depending upon the conditions. If it's more complicated than that, I think you'd have to go down the code customization road.

Would agree with @darylbowman either duplicate it with different outputs or would need development to make it work by prompting when you run it

Hi @darylbowman 

Thank you for sharing.

@arthia98 If you are looking to have one action for printing the report, and the system should somehow decide which one to print based on the size, I think this will require some additional detail as @darylbowman mentioned and probably have some visible qualifier on the screen which dictates somehow which one should print from the call of a single action ,though I’m not a developer, so this is not real clear to me, this would be the most complex solution, but probably the cleanest.

Alternatively, if you are just needing to print these on occasion and aren’t needing to run from a processing screen you can have the two reports saved to the server with the report title indicating which one is 1x1 and which is 1.5x3 so it is easy to pick them out, then having parameters on the report so you can select which labels need to be printed.

The last option I think would be to have both reports included as an Action in the dropdown on the screen you are needing to print them from, though the user will need to know which report is needing to be ran. So if they will already know this and it is easy and quick to differentiate then this could be a good option, though it leaves room for human error. This option would require customizing the workflow but I think it would not require dipping into code, so it would be a good low code/no code option