Skip to main content

I’m working on a Report to pull in AR invoices for a specific G/L code, but I am getting double results.  I think it is do to SO-Invoice and AR-Invoices sharing the same ARTran record.  What is a good way to limit this.  In the report I want to see each line for the invoice where that G/L account is used, so I know I can’t group by the AR number.

@claudematherne24 when you mention the word report, is this GI or Report Designer report? I’ve seen these references interchanged before and it’s an important distinction. Anytime you are creating a report and there is a necessary join to bring in data, but it brings in duplicates also, the best practice is to call the extra data in via subreport. This will ensure that there isn’t replicating data within the report and only the lines pertaining to what you’re calling in will be visible.

Have you already looked into adding a subreport?

Looking at Report Designer because I needed a sub report for something else.  But even in a sub report, I’m not sure how I would limit the results down to just the ARInvoice ARTran and not the SOInvoice.