Skip to main content

Hi all,

I crafted a comparative sales report to show sales for a period of [@MonthStart] to [@Today] for a 5-year span, ie, with today being September 9, the report would show:

Range A: 09/01/2020 - 09/09/2020

Range B: 09/01/2021 - 09/09/2021

Range C: 09/01/2022 - 09/09/2022

Range 😨 09/01/2023 - 09/09/2023

Range E: 09/01/2024 - 09/09/2024

(note: these are the default date ranges I’ve set, as that’s what our sales team wants, but the user can input any 5 date ranges they want)

The report shows sales for Ranges A, B, C, D just fine, but unfortunately Range E always shows $0.

So to get all 5 periods, you have to run 2020-2023 in the first report run, then plug 2024 period into a separate report run.

Can someone look at the .rps/.rpx to eyeball this? It’s driving me crazy and I think I’ve missed something simple like an open or close (), but I’ve double checked the parameters and filters and everything looks ok.

Thanks!

@swartzfeger I’m still checking it, but right off the bat from the images it looks like you are missing a closing bracket around the dates. You have a double bracket at the start of the @DateFrom, but then you only have a single bracket at the end.

@swartzfeger I’m still checking it, but right off the bat from the images it looks like you are missing a closing bracket around the dates. You have a double bracket at the start of the @DateFrom, but then you only have a single bracket at the end.

Hey Ben, good catch but I think that was an earlier screenshot where I was trying a single closing paren. Here’s the current filters with opening and closing double (( )) and the final date range is still empty.

I think the .rpx I uploaded had both (( )) but I’m pretty sure that part of the filter is not the issue.

Thanks for looking! :D

@swartzfeger  Ok, no problem I checked the report and I found that the variable for date range E is missing, or so it looks to me:

I just noticed I forgot to include that the variable is missing on the report, not just the variable configuration. Need to add =$TotRangeE to the 2024 column

@swartzfeger  Ok, no problem I checked the report and I found that the variable for date range E is missing, or so it looks to me:

I just noticed I forgot to include that the variable is missing on the report, not just the variable configuration. Need to add =$TotRangeE to the 2024 column

Benjamin, wow, how the heck did I miss that ReportVariable Collection Editor? I’m going through all the menus and don’t see it, and I don’t see it under “Build Schema” either.

@swartzfeger You need to click on the GroupDetails section and then on the right hand side there is the option for Variables (Collection) with the bold indicating that there are variables added in the section

@swartzfeger You need to click on the GroupDetails section and then on the right hand side there is the option for Variables (Collection) with the bold indicating that there are variables added in the section

Thanks Benjamin, my eyeballs always glossed over the Variables (Collection) in the Properties pane! I took over Acumatica/Report Designer when we had an unexpected exit here at work, so it’s been a “fun” journey learning things like this piecemeal. Definitely appreciate your help! :)