Skip to main content

I have a strange issue today. 

In my report, I am trying to create a parameter to select a specific salesman. I have joined the salesperson table to my service order table and have the following filter set 

SalesPerson.SalesPersonCD  Equal @Salesman  Or

@Salesman IsNull

My parameter is setup as follows

When I set a default value to the salesman parameter and then click preview, it works as it should and there are no errors. However, when I save to server and run the report, it gives me the following error:

I don’t understand, the parameter selector is the exact same syntax as what it is filtering the report by. I have never had this error before. I understand how to fix it when there are issues translating from string to datetime or string to int for example, but I have never had an issue going string to uniqueidentifier. I didn’t even realize those were separate syntaxes to be honest. 

Hi @DrewNisley 

I also encountered an error when performing "save to server". Close that report, then reopen that report => redo the actions you did and perform "save to server" > It worked fine.

Please do as I described. If the error persists, please share the .rpx file

Best Regards,

NNT

Turns out it was actually an error with my grouping expression and not the parameter at all. Apparently when using a conditional grouping expression, the two things you are grouping by have to be of the same data type. I had one being CreatedByID (uniqueidentifier) and the other was SalesPersonCD (string). Once I fixed that, it ended up working.