Skip to main content

We are trying to make a weekly report containing multiple unrelated data. Currently, we want to bring in cases as a subreport to a inventory report. Is this even possible? It seems like subreports need to connect via a related table. Is it possible to bring in a subreport completely unrelated to the main file?

Hi @kkraus ,

You can embed a subreport that isn’t related.  Just insert the subreport and leave the Parameters collection empty.

To send weekly reports, you might also look at the Send Reports screen (SM205060).  On this screen you can merge multiple reports and email them on a schedule.

The Velixo add-on also has the option to send reports on a schedule.

Hope this helps!

Laura

@kkraus You are correct in that the subreport will need either default parameters to display the same information every time, or dynamic parameters to display details relevant to the data being requested.

You can certainly have details which are not related to the main report data, but getting this to respond dynamically to the details entered in the main report could be hard.

A customization to add a field to the tables could help link them if there is no link already available, but you were on the right track. Subreport needs to be static, or have accurate links to be dynamic.

@BenjaminCrisman How would I go about making a static connection? The plan is for the report to be automatic, so the subreports can just be rerun at the same time. 

@kkraus If you specify default parameters in the subreport then it will print the same thing each time in the main report:

Just specify something in the Default Value for the parameter in the subreport and it will print the same each time.

@BenjaminCrisman I tried doing what you suggested, but nothing is still showing up. Here’s the subreport:

and the main report’s code:

and how it shows up:

It still won’t show up at all. 

@kkraus, do you get results when you run/preview subreport by itself?

@kkraus You’ll want to add the subreport to the site map and run it from the main site and make sure it populates as expected, then add it to the main report

@Yulia Steinberg Yes, the subreport works perfectly fine on its own, both in report designer and within Acumatica. @BenjaminCrisman It is still not showing up with all of the above being the same.

@kkraus I tested the process locally and it works for me, so I’m not sure what might be missing from your setup. Can you possible upload the reports here to this post so we can check it?

@BenjaminCrisman Of course. Here’s the files.

@kkraus I’m not sure what was uploaded but I only have the option of downloading this file or opening it as an XML document. Make sure to have the report open in Report Designer and click File > Save As… then upload the resulting .rpx file

Here’s the links to the two files:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_9d3ikSvuIDeGA8qNQYawwRsis2IWc5j/view?usp=drive_link

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1w8JWLi1bjg-HEDkIbTR5AXnmzpn0zl6_/view?usp=drive_link

@kkraus , two sections of the subreport will not show up on the main report: subreport header and subreport footer. You will need to move your data in a different section to be able to see it.

This is correct since the subreport is meant to be viewed as more of a page within the main report, not thought of as a whole report (with all the features/functions) inside of another report. There’s a number of functions which will not work in main report since they are already being controlled by the main report. Things like Report Header/Footer, paging (though there are functional workarounds for this), visibility, etc.

Make sure the detail is in Detail sections or groupHeader/Footer sections if you want to make sure the data will be in the main report

@Yulia Steinberg @BenjaminCrisman That worked perfectly. Thank you.